Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I've only been off nights for five days, so I'm still not fully adjusted to living normal hours. Hubby and Sebastian are both fast asleep next to me, but I'm wide awake; at least What Not to Wear is on. :)

I'm about to enter my longest stretch of time off in weeks; I had today off, won't work Saturday or Sunday, and don't have to go to work until Monday afternoon. This is phenomenal!! Hubby and I spent the day scrubbing the house from top to bottom; we are exhausted, but the place looks amazing. Tonight he grilled fajitas while I made guacamole from scratch ... soooo yummy with lime tortilla chips. We also enjoyed a lime curd tart that I made yesterday. After dark, we attempted to walk to the end of our street to watch a local fireworks display about two miles away, but some local geniuses decided that popping fireworks over parked cars and small children was a bright idea, so we left. Poor Sebastian couldn't take it outside; he did just fine once we got him away from the madness.

Tomorrow we're going to run errands, and I may try my hand at another new dessert if I can make a selection among several great recipes I've been wanting to try. All I know is that we are going to relax!

On a different note, I doubt that anyone from the military reads this, but on the off chance that someone does, I want to say thank you to all the brave men and women who are serving our country and to their families for supporting them as they serve. We appreciate your sacrifices and are grateful for all that you do.

No comments: