Thursday, July 17, 2008

Same old song and dance

My internet isn't working on my laptop at home, and even when I have been home, I have been sleeping for the last four days. I'm on my fifth night in a row of night float. I have a great team, so it has been bearable, but I am ready to be done. I get a two night break starting tomorrow, and then I just have five more nights to go after tonight!

If things will slow down a little tonight, my team is going to have a dip party. I brought fixings for guacamole, my intern brought hummus as well as artichoke and crab dip, and one of the second years is bringing cheesecake dip for dessert. Yum!! Having fun when you're stuck here at night is essential to survival, and tasty food sure doesn't hurt.

Hubby is scheduled to get home tonight, so I should see him in the morning when I get home. We're going to make fajitas again either Friday or Saturday night so that I can make my guacamole for him again (one of his favorite things in the world). Kroger had a huge sale on berries this morning, so I bought strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries to make a delicious dessert that also utilizes marscapone cheese and ladyfingers. I'll still be on night float next week, but he'll be home that week, so we'll at least get to see each other when I get home and before I leave. We're going to have good times this weekend!

(I know the font is messed up on this post, but the computers here won't let me adjust it. I will fix it after Hubby fixes my internet this weekend.)

No comments: