Tuesday, March 18, 2008

True conversation

Hubby is working from home this week, and today is my first day off after eight straight days and 2 calls in the NICU. Thunderstorms have been roaring over the house today, and since my parents are coming into town Thursday for my dad's Crucifixion presentation at church, I've been doing a ton of cleaning.

I paused to make Hubby lunch, so we ate while watching Paula's home cooking on our new TV. A commercial for Yaz came on. I don't think Hubby was particularly paying attention to it until they started talking about how it relieved headaches, fatigue, irritability, and bloating among a whole host of symptoms. "There you go!" he exclaimed. "That's what you need!"

Me: "HUH??"

Hubby: "The commercial says that this relieves headaches, fatigue, and irritability. If this can help you feel better, don't you think you should take it?"

Me: "Honey, that's a commercial for birth control that helps relieve PMDD, not PMS. My PMS isn't even that bad." (In my head, I'm thinking, "Are you NUTS? And as for the fatigue, I'm a resident; that has NOTHING to do with hormones!")

Hubby: "Well, what's the difference between PMDD and PMS?" (I proceeded to explain.) "Oh, well I just thought it might help."

Me: "Thanks ... I think. You know, you're lucky to be married to me; most women would be really offended if someone suggested they needed to take a pill for their PMS."

Hubby: "I still don't understand why. I really was just trying to help."


So sweetly clueless! I love my hubby. He left to go back to work (after taking his dishes downstairs without even being asked) but proceeded to come back a few minutes later to compliment me on lunch and how good the house looks. I'm a lucky lady. :)

1 comment:

The Traveler said...

In my defense, I hear a medicine helps "This, This, and That". Why would you want to deal with those things if there is something that can help. That is my main thought... now looking back on it I realize that it could be construed as saying "You have all those and are a pain to deal with when you do." The real male thought was just "If you do have those and this can help, why wouldn't you?"