Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring cleaning

There is no denying that I am a slob. I have never ever claimed to be a neat person, and while my apartment is clean, it is frequently very messy (big difference). Last night I attempted to find a particular pair of pants to complete the outfit I wanted to wear to clinic; incidentally, the entire outfit was built around showcasing a beautiful necklace I acquired when my mom came to visit 2 weekends ago. As usual, I had issues finding this particular pair of pants because it's easy to miss a pair of simple black pants among the disorganization that is our closet. I've become very apathetic regarding keeping things organized here as I realize we have only about five more weeks here. However, last night was different.

I started looking through my clothes for this particular pair of pants and realized that I had several pairs that did not fit or that had not been worn in years. I separated those into a pile and kept looking for this favorite pair of mine. Then I started to find some shirts that I had saved from several years ago. I had been holding on to these shirts because they were cute! I looked so cute and flirty in them! Then I realized that I hadn't worn most of these clothes in at least 3 to 5 years; they were the clothes I was wearing when I was, um, looking for attention or trying to look young and like I was having fun. Since buying these clothes, I have transformed into a yuppie and am honestly too grown up for them; I have a different definition of cute now. Buh-bye! At this point, I was getting motivated. Time to hit the shoe rack! If I hadn't worn the shoes since moving to Dallas, I figured that I won't wear them again, so I got rid of several pairs.

I'm now minus several feet of clothes from the closet and still have more to go tonight. This is just less to pack and move later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one word (or maybe its two) Wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Jeanine said...

Cleaning out the closet is one of the best feelings. There's such a sense of accomplishment.