Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's a man, man.

Today I got out of work at 4:15 PM, a feat yet to be accomplished during this block unless I have been post call or on a weekend schedule. That was only 9 hours and 15 minutes at the hospital today -- whoo hoo!! I used the extra time to make a Target run for some essentials (laundry detergent and cereal) and non-essentials (fun socks and some kitchen utensils). On the way home, I was listening to my self-titled Caedmon's Call album and singing along. As track #5, "Bus Driver," came on, I thought to myself, "Wow, I never noticed those tires screeching in the intro before. That's really odd. Could I really have missed that for the last ten years?" Then I looked up and saw a truck far ahead of me that realized a cop was watching the light he was just about to run; the dude had slammed on his brakes HARD. I knew I couldn't have missed something on one of my favorite albums for years!

I continued my short drive home and realized that I was able to sing along perfectly with Derek while I'd been struggling earlier to hit the notes I normally sing. Now that I finally have a voice again, I sound like a man! It's kind of like Phoebe; I have a sexy voice now. ;) Too bad my little patients aren't impressed!

No comments: