Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Put Up or Shut Up

I Corinthians 10:12-13 -- "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

30 minutes after I posted earlier, I found out that he's not coming home today. He did everything in his power, but he has to stay til at least tomorrow morning. I wish I could say that I was totally okay with this new development, but I have to admit that I cried and said things I should not have. After I calmed down, this verse came to mind. How great is our God! He is faithful even when we are not. I spoke about having faith and resting in Him, and just 30 minutes later, I couldn't even do that right. I feel so much like Peter right now. "No Jesus, I'll never deny You!" Ha ha, how human I am. Today has reminded me how desperately I am in need of a Savior.

No comments: