Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Counting the days

I've had a blog on Xanga for over 2 years, but I've caved to the pressure and signed up with Blogger. Now I can finally leave comments on people's pages! I spent all day with my sweetie running wedding errands, and we're both wiped out. I left him almost passed out on his couch with our beloved Astros on TV a few hours ago while I came home to take care of more wedding-related emails and other fun tasks. I'm counting down the days! I have 17 days left with my current last name and 18 days until we land in Hawaii -- far far away from cell phones and email accounts. I cannot wait! My word of advice to any unmarried ladies -- DESTINATION WEDDING. :) I'm sure the wedding will be fabulous; I'm just tired of planning. I don't know how I'd do this if I had a real job right now!

Speaking of real jobs, I'll graduate medical school in 52 days and start my residency in 71. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. It's going to be so weird to be able to write orders without having them co-signed by someone above me and to be expected to know medicine on a whole new level. I'll be in a brand new hospital in a brand new city with a brand new husband. For someone who is resistant to change, I'm oddly optimistic and am eager to start this new chapter in my life. My beloved and I were talking today about our plans for the future (specifically when I thought we'd be ready for kids of our own), and I've been reminded that God alone knows where my life is going to go. Two years ago, I thought I would be moving to the East Coast and living alone in an efficiency somewhere while I did residency; I even took a trip to Washington, D.C. in June 2004 to check out one of the hospitals up there! Little did I know that my future husband and I would click less than a month later, that he would propose 1 year after I took the trip, and that we'd be moving to another city in Texas 1 year after the proposal. I certainly didn't plan any of this, but I'm glad that His plans are the ones that really matter.

No comments: