Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pause

I take after my dad in many aspects. One of those is my dislike of the uncertain. If you tell me, "I have something to tell you," I want to know now, not later, especially if you tell me that you have bad news. Hubby will back me up on this one; he has learned he can never tell me that we have something we need to talk about unless he's ready to sit down now. I can't stand the suspense!

Tuesday night I got an email from my attorney letting me know that she wants to discuss my contract with me, but unfortunately, she's had a death in her family and will be out of town til early next week. I definitely appreciate her letting me know why she'd be out of touch for several days, but it made me NERVOUS. I had really hoped to get the ball rolling on getting my contract signed this week, but now there will be a delay.

I was so stressed when I got the email last night. I actually had a momentary freak-out til Hubby and my dad both talked some sense into me. Now I'm fine; I still don't like waiting for a week to hear her opinion, but I know that it will all work out.

The situation reminded me of a quote from Evan Almighty; Morgan Freeman is playing God, and he asks Evan's wife this question:

Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

In my old Bible, I underlined Philippians 4:6-7 (referenced in this post) and wrote "Do not be anxious, Sarah!" right next to it. I know God is using this time to teach me patience through practice. Now it's time to put it into action and be at peace through the next week or however long it takes to complete this.

When I have everything signed, then I will be able to tell more about the specifics of the job. Needless to say, I am VERY excited!!

No comments: