Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thankful

I have a bad case of insomnia tonight while Hubby is curled up in bed and is snoring away. Bless his sweet heart, his allergies are really acting up, and he's also getting over a little cold. He apologized in advance before he climbed into bed because he figured he'd probably snore tonight.

Here's the thing: I am thankful for his snoring. We spent so many nights apart during the first two years of our marriage that I would rather have him snoring in my ear than be miles apart. Having to nudge him to roll over is something that I don't mind one bit; in fact, I appreciate being able to do so.

He's been back in town since August, four months longer than his project was originally scheduled to go. Even better, there's no real end in sight to this project. He'll likely be on it when I start my new job this summer.* Words truly fail me when I try to express how thankful I am that God has allowed my husband to be physically with me during this year of my life. I honestly don't think I would have made it through interviews and the decisions that followed without him here.

I'm finally getting sleepy, so now it's time to return to the most comfortable bed in the world and the sweet love of my life. Snoring or not, I'm so happy he's here.




(*Details on the job to come soon ... I'll likely sign a contract this week!)

No comments: