Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tired

I haven't worked much for the last several days, but I am just tired. It's a little after 1 PM, and I'm still in my sweats, snuggled up on the couch with the cuddliest dog ever and watching Food Network. I had a horrible headache Tuesday afternoon, so after heading home from the grocery store, I did nothing productive that day. Hubby and I had dinner with some friends Tuesday night, and I managed to keep the headache at bay that evening (thanks, Aleve!). We finally got the coat of primer and one coat of paint up on the first wall yesterday evening, and it looks SO GOOD. If his job gives him enough time today, we will try to get a second coat up on the wall and start on another wall. His job has been working him to the bone, so we may not get to do as much as I had hoped. It's back to work for me tomorrow, and then Hubby leaves early Monday morning for yet another trip to Philadelphia. I switch to PICU nights 1 week from Sunday, so little to nothing will be accomplished for 2 weeks following that.

Hopefully I can get my bootie off the couch soon and start to be at least semi-productive. My brother bought me The Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook for Christmas, so tonight I will be making a delicious chicken piccata. I'll be using my breadmaker to make dough for focaccia bread too, so hopefully Hubby will be able to take a short break for dinner. :)

I haven't blogged about work lately, but I'm still loving it. Kids are awesome, and watching my clinic patients growing up in front of me is one of the coolest experiences of my life. I'm having a bit of an emotional time right now because we've lost several children to cancer lately. Even when I haven't seen these kids in a while, I still feel a connection to them and to their families. I'm probably just a faceless resident to them, but losing these kids still affects me.

That's about it for now; I think Sebastian and I will hang out for a bit more before I head down to the kitchen to do something worthwhile!

No comments: