Sunday, January 13, 2008

The aroma of freshly baked bread is wafting through my house

Dillards has been running an amazing clearance sale this week. I have been contemplating a bread machine for quite some time but haven't been able to bring myself to buy one. It is hardly a necessity, and the cheapest decent one I could find was a little over $60 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. On Thursday I stopped by Dillards to get some necessary undergarments and made my usual stroll through the home section. There I happened upon a bread machine originally priced at $70 reduced to $50; on top of this, they had just marked it down another $15. I pulled out my Dillards giftcard that I'd been saving for a while, and I had almost $30 left on it. Add in a little tax, and I only paid $8.13 for a beautiful little bread machine!

I've already made one loaf of white (almost gone) and just finished a loaf of honey wheat a few hours ago. The house smells soooo good right now. I think I'm going to try a loaf of French bread tomorrow. This machine is so fun!

1 comment:

Me said...

So glad to see you back in the blogging world Sarah!