Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What is that smell?

When I woke up yesterday, I realized that the same muscle I pulled six weeks ago was feeling tight. Since I'd been on my feet for roughly 30 consecutive hours over the weekend and worked out on Monday, I decided to give myself the day off. I even tried a little Capzasin on it before I went to bed, but it's been REALLY tight today. It hasn't spasmed like last time, but it's been tight enough that I'm walking a little different and have really been uncomfortable. Hubby and I were out running errands tonight, so I asked if we could stop at CVS to get some medicine.

After looking at the ingredients in the creams, I ended up selecting the one with the most ingredients (which also had the highest concentrations of any of them as well). One of the ingredients happens to be methyl salicylate; one whiff of this stuff, and you'll be transported back to your grandparents' medicine cabinet. As I was putting it on, I made some crack to Hubby about being able to call me "Grandma," and we had a good laugh. He left the room for a few minutes, and when he returned, he exclaimed, "Honey, you really DO have that old woman smell!"

At this point, I don't even care. I have to say that the cream is working! My calf is tingling, and I can actually move my leg further than I've been able to do so for the last two days. If smelling like a Wint-O-Green Lifesaver is what it takes to be able to walk normally again, I will suffer through it!

No comments: