Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Shoot me now!!

Last night started out on a really good note. Since I was working late again, Hubby grilled fajitas for us and even made a version of Chuy's creamy jalapeno recipe that I'd round on the Internet (very close to the real thing and SO tasty!). I went to bed with a full tummy, very excited about being able to sleep in the next morning; I was so tired that I fell asleep with the dog next to me (Sebastian isn't allowed to stay in our bed overnight). A couple hours later, I woke up with the sensation of having a large knife being stabbed into my right calf. I fell out of bed onto the floor and tried to bear weight on that leg, but the peach-sized knot that had formed in my calf forbid me from moving more than a step at the time. If Hubby had been out of town, I would have been screaming my head off from the pain, but as he was sleeping on the other side of the bed, I did my best to stifle my cries into whimpers and hobble into the bathroom where I could shut the doors and try to deal with this.

Moving into that room turned out to be quite beneficial. As the pain continued to increase, I began to feel worse and worse until all of a sudden, I was losing my dinner in the toilet secondary to the waves of pain washing over my body. I puked uncontrollably for a minute, and when it was all over, I brushed my teeth, drank plenty of water, and hobbled back into bed only to find a small Yorkie there just waiting for his mom to come back. I put the Yorkie to bed and dropped down into my half of the bed. Hubby, still barely awake at this point, made sure I was okay before we both gave into exhaustion and fell back asleep.

I didn't have another experience this bad again, but my calf still has a horrible knot in it. Hubby massaged it for a bit tonight, and I'm resting with a heating pad on my leg. I just hope this all gets taken care of before Saturday. Disneyworld can't wait! :)

No comments: