Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Zzzzz

Sarah = boring. At least my blog seems to make me look that way! I have actually been pretty busy with work but have had enough down time over the last week to make two delicious soups from scratch (crab & corn chowder as well as shrimp bisque), a pot-roast, and two baked goods (double chocolate cake with white chocolate-sour cream icing and cranberry-orange scones). Hubby and I had the opportunity to go out to eat with some sweet friends of ours at a great restaurant on Saturday night and again with another couple we adore on Sunday. We had a busy but great weekend!

I donated blood yesterday, and I've felt a little tired since then, but this feeling is totally worth it. I'm CMV negative, something a little uncommon by the time you're my age, so I get hit up by the blood bank every eight weeks since my blood can be donated to the little ones as well as to immunocompromised individuals. I haven't been able to give every time I'm eligible, but I try to do it as often as I can. I have a firm belief that since I have ordered so much blood for my patients in the last two and a half years, I should help to supply that blood while I am able to do so.

I love that the weather has started to turn cold. We've actually had to put our electric blanket on the bed! As my hubby likes to say, "yes, we are old." I'm curled up on our bed under my quilt and am about to snuggled up underneath the quilt and the electric blanket. Comfort awaits!

No comments: