Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sweet sleep

Today was my first day off after working twelve straight days. I figured out I worked 140+ hours in those last twelve days, and sleeping in until 7:30 was such a treat this morning. Hubby and I cleaned the house this morning, I had my hair appointment at noon, and tonight I had dinner with one of my best friends from college who is now a vet back in Houston. It was a totally awesome day!! Tomorrow I get to attend church (a much enjoyed rarity!), and later we're having dinner with our pastor's family and a few other families who live near us. This weekend is breathing life into my exhausted soul.

Monday morning I start a new 4 week block; this time around, I'll be the senior on the cardiology service. It will hopefully be a little less intense than the PICU, and I already know most of the members of my new team and am really looking forward to working with them! I'll still work twelve days on/ two off for the 28 days I'm there; I already have a massage scheduled for the day after the block ends.

Right now Hubby and Sebastian are both sleeping away, and I'll soon be joining them. I love knowing that my alarm won't be going off at 5:15 tomorrow and that Hubby and I will get to spend quality time together where I'm not falling asleep in the middle of our conversations. Everyone needs a little break now and then, and I'm no exception.

No comments: