Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A new year

I could bore everyone with a reflective post on all the changes that happened in my life in 2006, but instead I'll leave yall with a list of interesting events from my life over the last two weeks:
  • I chopped off 8 inches of hair.
  • I was told I can finally get a puppy whenever we move into our house!
  • We had our build meeting for our house cancelled for the second time in a month -- twenty minutes before the meeting was scheduled to begin. We then had one of the head builders find out what happened and personally reschedule our meeting to be with him that afternoon. Our house should break ground sometime within the next couple of weeks!
  • I stayed up 34 hours straight thanks to my inability to sleep on a hard plastic mattress and my evil pager that went off every 20-30 minutes for the little time I had to lie down.
  • I crossed the halfway point of internship. Baby, it's all downhill from here. I also realized that I've learned more in the last 6 months than I ever knew possible.
  • I fell in love with my job all over again. I may hate the long hours, I may get frustrated by inane rules and paperwork, I may be driven slowly crazy by parents, but I sure love these kids.
  • I discovered that chocolate chip waffles made at home with someone you love can be one of the best dinners ever.

I had a great 2006. 2007 is only looking up.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sarah,

This post was awesome. You are doing such a great job of focusing on God's hand in your life. I love reading about your experiences, even when they are really rough. Even though we've only hung out a few times in groups, I feel like I know you! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year!