Monday, December 08, 2008

Electric

Last week my mother-in-law and I went Christmas shopping. Naturally our day included a stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (honestly, is any shopping day complete without a visit there?). One of my purchases was a small square squishy pillow that I can use both in the car and in bed.

A few nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night, and as I was repositioning the pillow, I noticed green sparks coming off my hand. I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it, so I went back to sleep. Early this morning, Sebastian woke up and started barking, so Hubby was sweet enough to free him from his kennel, allowing me to stay warm and cozy. As he climbed back into bed, I repositioned the pillow again; this time, I knew for sure I wasn't making up the green sparks! The static electricity from this pillow is amazing! I got Hubby's attention, and I'm know he saw the sparks too.

Had the room not been pitch black, I would have seen an incredulous look on his face in addition to the little sparks. I can only imagine the thoughts running through his head about how insane his wife was to be giving science lessons at 3 AM. He's so sweet to put up with my craziness. Now if I start explaining how to do medical procedures in my sleep, I'll know I'm in trouble.

No comments: