Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sleeeeeepyyyyyyy ...

I'm so tired; I have worked the last two nights in the ER and have one more to go tonight before i get a little break. A patient's dad asked me last night, "Who did you anger to have to work a Saturday night shift?" I responded, "The better question is, 'Who did I anger to work Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday night shifts?'"

The new goods is that I'm getting much better at LPs; I actually had one of the techs request me to be the one to tap a child last night because he "wants someone who's good at it." It was definitely a boost to my confidence, and hitting the tap on the first try didn't hurt either.

Now it's time for me to go throw on yet another set of scrubs, make a quick dinner for me and Hubby, and then head back out. Unfortunately Hubby will be gone by the time I get home tomorrow, but we'll see each other Thursday. It's just another week in the life of this tired resident!

2 comments:

The Traveler said...

Yes, honey, you are SLEEPYYYY... when you say "new goods" vs. "good news" I can verify that you are almost at your limit of sleeplessness. Hope you are catching up today. Love you!

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha ... I didn't even notice that!! I obviously wasn't faking. :)