Friday, August 24, 2007

Ouch!

About seven weeks ago, I was in an accident where I was hit on the driver's side (my fault). Ever since then, my back has been hurting. It has actually been getting a little worse over the last two weeks. Hubby knows it's actually bothering me when I'm talking about going to see "a grown-up doctor" as I call them. In the meantime, I've been taking some advice from my dad (a grown-up doc) and trying several suggestions to alleviate the pain. One of them is so use capsaicin on my back, so last night we stopped at CVS to pick up a bottle. Dad had suggested I use the liquid because it is less messier than ointment and would be easier to apply when I'm at the hospital for the next few weeks (my month of night float starts Sunday -- whoo hoo!).

As we were getting ready for bed, I made sure I put my eye cream on before the capsaicin so that I wouldn't burn myself. Unfortunately I didn't realize how often I really touch my eyes because I inadvertently rubbed my upper eyelids 20 minutes later. Despite having washed my hands, I still had some residual on them. Ouch! It was quite warm!

No comments: