Thursday, August 02, 2007

I have no idea

I have a patient right now that is such a mystery to me. No one has figured out what's wrong with her yet, but I'm determined to try. I met her for the first time in April, and I saw her yesterday in clinic for the first time in two months. Seeing how much she has changed for the worse in two months blew me away. I am still bothered by the tears her mom cried when I told her I believed that her daughter needed to come back into the hospital again so that we could provide her with a higher level of care than she could get at home. I've been so frustrated by my inability to figure out what she has despite several hours pouring over the literature and resources available to me. I may not find the answer immediately, but I'm not going to give up. She is my patient, and I'm going to be her advocate.

Last night my hubby and I prayed for her and for her family. I don't know how God will answer our prayer, but I know that He is faithful.

No comments: