Tuesday, May 01, 2007

We're here!!!

Countless hours, 1 scratched wood floor, 3 gashed pieces of adored mahogany bedroom furniture, 2 non-working toilets, 2 broken electrical outlets, and 1 defective refrigerator later ... WE ARE MOVED IN!!! :) We have no blinds yet (those come Friday), so we have some old curtains hung up over the windows towards the street and towards the neighbor's kitchen. We got a working, non-damaged refrigerator today, and the hubby used his new tools to hang up a pot rack tonight so that our pots we got for our wedding will FINALLY be used on a regular basis. We have internet and cable now (obviously), and while we are only about 1/3 of the way unpacked and our house looks like a tornado hit it, I don't know if I could be happier. I love our house, imperfections and all.

In other news, I had my 3rd migraine in 12 days today. Ugh. I went a year without one, and now 3 in less than 2 weeks? Double ugh. At least I can finally think straight without feeling like a sledgehammer is pounding the right side of my head.

My puppy is 5 weeks old! It should only be about a month or so til we pick him up. That means 1 more month til everything in the house gets chewed to shreds. Yes, I know we are insane for getting the little guy, but I'm just a sucker for canines.

Okay, I know this post is totally incoherent, but I still have a small residual headache and can't think fully straight yet. More to come when the house gets cleaned up and we take pictures!

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

Ahhh...I'm so excited for you...(yes, I realize we've still never actually met)...but I'm so excited about your new house and your puppy...ah...so fun! I do hope your migrains go away though...those are not fun.