Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I forgot

I haven't taken call in almost 2 months. I forgot how tired it makes me. I'm sitting up again waiting on a chest x-ray (or CXR) to come back so that I can make a decision on a patient and then go lie down. Of course, as soon as I lie down, it'll be time for me to get up to do an admission, so I don't know what's worse: getting up after a short rest/possible nap or not lying down at all? Questions I ponder at 1 AM ...

The hubby is out of town this week. It's the first time I've slept alone in a house (not an apartment or condo) since I was in college. It's WEIRD!! There's something wrong with our plumbing system right now, so the toilets randomly gurgle, and I can occasionally hear water in the pipes near the laundry room. Those noises don't normally bother me, but they have caught me off guard when I'm expecting silence in the house. I feel relatively safe, but since I haven't done it in so long, I asked the hubby to get me the phone numbers of our pastor and music pastor since they each live 1/2 a mile away from us. I need male back-up in case something happens!

Whoo hoo ... x-ray is finally back. All is well. Think I'll go lie down ... 10 minutes is better than nothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby... I am sorry you had a rough night! I didn't want to call you this morning because I thought you might be using your phone for an alarm clock, but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and I will deal with the plumbing tonight.

Love,
R