Monday, February 11, 2008

Decompressing

Hubby had his alarm set for 6 AM this morning, but after 2 nights in a row of dreaming about the PICU, I didn't even need his alarm to tell me it was time to get up. I'm working the night shift in the ER tonight, so I have several hours to spend here at home before going it. The weatherman is predicting a HUGE line of thunderstorms to come in right about the time I start my shift, so I'm looking foward to fun times in the ER tonight. Bad weather always bring in sick patients, so I need to put on my gameface.



This weekend we went to a love and marriage mini-retreat at our church; it was so great to learn and be reminded of the priority of our marriage. We capped the weekend off with the most delectable dinner at Del Frisco's Saturday night; I think I'm still drooling about the experience. I may gave gained five pounds from it, but it was worth it! Sunday afternoon after church, Hubby finished painting the bedroom while I kept falling asleep in the middle of the room. I still can't believe this awesome looking room belongs to us!

My sweetie had to get on a plane this morning again, and when he gets back Thursday night, I will be working all night til 7 AM. I'm not a huge Valentine's day person, but it still makes me a little sad that I won't see him until Friday. When he hugged me goodbye today, I couldn't stop the tears from leaking, and even now I'm having a hard time turning off their slow drip-drip-drip. All the emotions and messed-up sleep habits from the last two weeks are starting to catch up to me, and I just need time to clear my head. Fortunately I am not working Friday or Saturday, so I will have time to be with him for more than just a quick hug before one of us heads to bed or heads out the door.

For now I think I'll spend a little more time watching TV and relaxing this morning before I get up to work on laundry or whip up something yummy in the kitchen. I will work hard tonight, but today is for relaxing and renewing my tired heart.

No comments: