Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ready to quit

About fourteen hours after my last post, I stood in another patient's room in the ER as an intern and I explained that their only child likely had cancer and needed to be admitted to the hospital for further tests. Yuck yuck yuck. I was so ready to quit by the end of the week. Four new diagnoses in less than a week ... YUCK. I love pediatrics, but I hate cancer.

I'm back on days. I think today is the first day that my body has remotely been adjusted to normal people hours. Sebastian is so happy to have someone at home with him during normal hours, and since I have not had anywhere to be for the last two afternoons, he and I have been spending some serious quality time together. He's been playing with his new puppy toys while I've been doing research for a presentation I'm giving in two weeks, and now we're both chilling out while Paula Deen teaches us how to make a sinfully delicious caramel apple cheesecake. Yum.

Hubby is still gone during the week. He's on his sixth week in a row out of town and has at least two more to go. Having him gone is horrible; this house is too big for just one person!

Time to get back to work ... I'm no closer to being done with this presentation than I was yesterday. The more research I do, the further I seem to get from finding an answer to my question. Time to press on!

No comments: