Monday, February 19, 2007

Just for Laurie

I was so touched by Laurie's request for an update that I am taking time out of my busy call day to fill my 4 readers in on my life.

Life is good!! I'm 5 weeks into my 8 weeks of q4 call, and I'm hanging in there. I'm on call tonight and crossing my fingers that we won't be too busy. I have already gotten several calls for silly stuff, so I'm anticipating a semi-busy night. The good news is that my beloved has been in town on a regular basis, and I LOVE being married!! He was gone last night, and I'm gone tonight, but 2 nights apart is MUCH better than 5 or 6. Our house is also finally being built! After dealing with it being built backwards and doing some serious negotiating to get compensated for it, the frame is up, and I can see the place starting to take shape. I was so excited to walk through it for the first time and to see where my double oven will be. :) I'm picturing wall colors and where our couches will go; I've even started thinking about where to store the lawnmower. I have so turned into a yuppie!

I'm counting the weeks til I can get a puppy. The boy has finally agreed to let me get a Yorkie on the condition that we will name him Sebastian. This way when the mailman comes to the door, he can yell, "Kick his ass, Sea Bass!" (I did not know that this came from Dumb and Dumber until last week.) I don't care as long as I get the puppy!! If anybody knows a good Yorkie breeder, lemme know.

Alrighty, I really do need to get to work ... I have labs to check and lines to pull. Never a dull moment on call!

3 comments:

Todd Richards said...

Hey... I am just as much a fan of your Blog as Laurie. :-)

Good to hear that the house has a frame. And I literally laughed out loud at the name of your future puppie...

Jeanine said...

I check it often too...thanks for the update.

Puppies are fun!

Laurie said...

For Moi? :}

Thanks for my very own specially-dedicated post! I'm glad to read this update. It sounds like things are going well and you are finally getting a bit of a break from all the emotional and physical stress you've been under. You are often in my prayers!

Your blog fans anxiously await all your updates...don't be fooled. We're out here...