Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ironic

My husband is going to flip when he reads this. It's totally amazing that I know how to save children's lives and treat their medical conditions (although admittedly I still have years of learning ahead of me), yet I'm forgetful enough to leave my keys in the front door. Some nice lady just knocked on my door to let me know they were there. Yikes.

In other news, I only have three more nights of sleeping at home in my comfortable bed for a while. I'm starting night float on Sunday, meaning I'll be at the hospital from 1 PM Sunday to 7 AM Monday and then from 7 PM Monday to 7 AM Tuesday and so on through Friday morning. I'll be covering the subspecialty services for the next 4 weeks, so I'll be a little vampire! :)

I'm trying to decide what to be for Halloween. Since I'll be spending the night at the hospital, all the residents who are on that day are planning on dressing up. I need a practical costume, but I don't want to spend much (if any) money on it. I was thinking about going as a redneck; I have a camouflage shirt that has my name embroidered on it, but I don't know if that would be politically incorrect to wear that with some pigtails and a John Deere hat. No, I did not pay any money for this shirt; it's a long story, but an ex-boyfriend's mom bought me the shirt and had my name embroidered in tan lettering on the shirt. I've yet to wear it, but it's so hilarious that I couldn't bear to throw it away.

Any other ideas or suggestions? And please don't say "be a doctor" ... I already wear scrubs all the time!

2 comments:

The Traveler said...

Nice! I guess me suggesting a nurse would probably get me in a lot of trouble so I am not going to say anything.

Laurie said...

You could be Dr. Pepper...and attach lots of red peppers to your lab coat. :}